Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zettelkasten - managing excerpts and quotes  (Read 7490 times)

ldck

• View Profile
Zettelkasten - managing excerpts and quotes
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:32:05 PM »

Zettelkasten is a program built according to Niklas Luhmann's slip box system. With the Zettelkasten, you can organize your excerpts, abstracts or scientific quotes in a similar way like Luhmann did. Instead of relying to categories, the Zettelkastens uses so called keywords (tags) to tag and link entries, which helps you to build up a network of entry-connections and leads to relations between thoughts that haven't been anticipated in such form - thus leading to unexpected, suprising ideas and conclusions.

The Zettelkasten is free for personal or job use and available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Currently there's only a German version available, but localizations of the programmes are in progress... If you are interested, you can participate and help with the translation of the Zettelkasten.

No Bert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SWIP - Social Work Internætional Platform
Re: Zettelkasten - managing excerpts and quotes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:03 PM »

Hi Daniel, ty for the program. I used it on Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04 - worked like a charme.

Now i updated to Ubuntu 9.10 and with the Java update there, I can't use Zettelkasten anymore - trying to save or import files i get java.lang.StackOverflowError

Can you help it?

ldck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »

Hi Norbert,

it sounds like you're using an incompatible Java-version. Could you please open the Zettekasten and post the system information, which also includes the JRE used by the program? You can see the information, when you open the error-log:

http://zettelkasten.danielluedecke.de/wiki/doku.php?id=handbuch:besondere_funktionen (Log-Datei anzeigen)

Furthermore, please provide the error log from Ubuntu, which outputs the specific error message via console.

For further information refer to:
http://zettelkasten.danielluedecke.de/wiki/doku.php?id=faq:installation_technische_probleme#auf_meinem_linux-system_ist_java_6_installiert_-_trotzdem_startet_das_programm_nicht

and

http://zettelkasten.danielluedecke.de/wiki/doku.php?id=anleitungen:zettelkasteninstallation#linux

Thanks
Daniel

No Bert

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SWIP - Social Work Internætional Platform
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »

Sorry, already deleted Zettelkasten again, but i tried both, ubuntu free java and java from sun (latest version).

java.lang.StackOverflowError

might that help?

P.S.: Cleo (member of SWIP as well and firm in coding tried as well, same result with same ubuntu version.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up